Interviews. Reviews. Book Announcements.


Dedicated to writers, readers, and lovers of Paranormal Mystery everywhere!

Saturday, September 13, 2014

Shifty Magic by Judy Teel






Shifty Magic
By Judy Teel

A tough teenage girl hunts a serial killer in a paranormal dystopian world.

Abandoned at birth, Addison Kittner's been on her own since she was a kid--ever since the paranormal terrorists attacked cities around the world. Battling creatures that go bump in the night nearly destroyed human society. Good thing not all paranormals were evil and the terrorists were eventually stopped. Bad thing? Nothing would ever be the same again.

Now Addison makes her living as a private investigator and bounty hunter. One night she comes across a girl about to be killed by three rogue vampires. Addison kicks some vamp butt and saves the girl, even when one of the vamps escapes. Just her luck, he turns up dead the next morning, inspiring the vampire leaders to put pressure on her to solve the case or take the rap. As if that wasn't bad enough, her ex-lover, werewolf FBI agent, Cooper Daine, approaches her and gives her an offer she can't refuse...a paycheck. Mixing business with lust is never a good idea, but neither is starving, so she accepts.

But as the body count builds, Addison finds herself embroiled in an ever deepening and dangerous mystery. One that leads her to something frighteningly personal. Her unknown heritage.



Bio:
I live in North Carolina with my boisterous family--husband, three kids, a dog and a geriatric bunny--and yup, I'm Southern so occasionally I let a "y'all" slip out. Maybe more than occasionally.

I love my job and dedicate as much of my time to writing as I can. When I'm not doing the weaving of the adventurous and romantic tales, I'm running errands, driving people around (or crazy depending on your perspective), cooking, and generally keeping everyone organized.

Tea is a favorite obsession of mine. I also like jazz and swing music, musicals, plays, movies of all kinds, Vampire Diaries, Star Trek, Downton Abbey, as well as camping, vacations, and reading great books.


No comments:

Post a Comment